the kids get a muffin in their lunch pretty much every day. this is the best recipe ever. simple, kids and parents love them, and very healthy. i also like to make pumpkin muffins and straight up banana muffins so we don't get sick of these, but they're the best!
Carrot Banana Muffins
400º oven, makes 24 muffins
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 t cinnamon
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 or so)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 cups shredded carrots (3 or 4)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- grease muffin tins and preheat oven
- mix all dry ingredients together (flour, oats, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, sugar
- mix together wet ingredients (eggs, banana, milk, oil, vanilla, carrots)
- mix wet and dry together with chocolate chips, raisins and sunflower seeds- do not over mix!
- scoop approx 1/4 cup into each tin and bake about 20 minutes until a tester comes out clean
I hope you like them!
soon- another healthy snack- Lunchbox Cookies!